Director, Client Solutions and Product Architecture, Open Banking
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryDirector, Client Solutions and Product Architecture, Open BankingOverview: Embrace New Networks with Open Banking
With Mastercard Open Banking, we empower people and businesses to access accounts securely and conveniently for enabling new financial services and providing payment choice. This unlocks opportunities to extend financial access and inclusion with account opening, lending, payments and open banking for business.
The Director, Client Solutions and Product Architecture, Open Banking is responsible for deepening product engagement with global banks, Fintechs and digital players to prioritize key Open Banking use cases, execute joint product roadmaps and support commercialization plans for scale. The Director will partner with clients to define priorities and streamline Open Banking engagement across product lines and markets. As a new function within the Open Banking team, you will identify and build new repeatable frameworks and playbooks that help us scale our products across clients and markets while working in close partnership with Product, Solutions Engineering, Sales and Account Management teams to deliver best-in-class experiences with large global clients.
Locations are New York City, Salt Lake City or Bay Area
• Collaborate with clients to understand business needs, objectives, and prioritized use cases for Open Banking.
• Create value with innovative solutions that can help clients achieve their goals.
• Drive execution of new revenue opportunities to deliver success for clients and Mastercard.
• Grow together to establish long-term joint product roadmaps with clients.
• Inform Mastercard Open Banking product development roadmap and strategy for scale, incorporating client feedback.
• Move fast to test, learn, iterate and scale.
• Create (jointly with regions) partnerships with key strategic clients to deliver commercially viable solutions.
• Work closely with internal teams to ensure successful product development, launch, and scalability including sales, product, markets, legal and compliance, engineering, and marketing.
• Maintain a pulse on industry dynamics and competitive moves to operate as a thought leader in client engagements.
All About You
• Solid understanding of our clients’ top use cases spanning payments and lending.
• Creative problem solving that brings in different perspectives connecting client needs with Mastercard strategy.
• Deep experience in global payments and/or financial technology with understanding of open banking and the regulatory landscape.
• Ability to understand complex technology, interpret requirements and explain it simply – internally and externally.
• Proven product management or product development experience within the financial technology.
• Strong ability to execute initiatives with partners, driving for excellence in quality and timeliness.
• Emulate and drive the Mastercard Way through their behavior, coaching, and employee engagement.
• Demonstrated success at team development and management.
• Strength in connecting people and ideas; ability to operate in a matrix environment and establish effective working relationships across the business and geographies.
• Ability to communicate across teams and levels to represent the customer point of view.
• Effective listener and influencer to create build strong partnerships and deliver on client needs.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with analytical and problem-solving capabilities.In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.