Senior Specialist, New Product Development
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySenior Specialist, New Product DevelopmentOverview
Mastercard Foundry is the innovation engine of Mastercard and a hub for new product development. Within the Foundry, the Commercial team leverages the Foundry’s skills and capabilities to support Mastercard’s Commercial in developing and delivering world-class solutions. Senior Specialist, Product Development role will be a key part of the Commercial Portfolio team and helping to deliver new opportunities for products and solutions in the Commercial payments space.
• Plays a role in New Product Development for Commercial products for Foundry, owning specific pieces of the New Product Development roadmap.
• Helps research market dynamics including Regulatory, Legal, Competitive and Technology landscapes of key product areas.
• Leverages data-driven approach to assess market opportunities and to build business cases incorporating accurate representations of future revenues and expense bases.
• Leverages the Studio Framework to rapidly Frame ideas, and develop Concepts and Prototypes to validate whether a market opportunity can be effectively monetized by Mastercard, and coordinate across Foundry to deliver successful Market Tests
• Builds relationships across the Global Products teams and Foundry teams to support the delivery of new products.
• Intermediate experience in product management, product development, or project management
• Understanding of product development concepts and practices across the product development life cycle.
• Strong project management skills – strong organization and task management is expected.
• Strong communication skills, able to articulate and where necessary simplify concepts and details.
• Payment industry experience is strongly desirable with an understanding of the Commercial B2B product space preferred.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.