Senior Software Engineer, Quality - Selenium, Java, API/Performance automation, Security and DB Testing
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySenior Software Engineer, Quality - Selenium, Java, API/Performance automation, Security and DB TestingOverview
Mastercard is a technology company in the Global Payments Industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, travelling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
Mastercard’s Data & Services team is a key differentiator for MasterCard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centred on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Quality for Business Intelligence platform within the Data & Services group. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and testing, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an ability to independently work and delivery results.
• Participate in requirements discussion, test planning, test data creation and execution of testing Plan in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks.
• Design and develop test automation scenarios to validate system to system interfaces and complete software solutions (for API and UI tests)
• Interact with business and development stakeholders to define test plans and schedules
• Translate complex system requirements into test requirements and testing methods
• Identify and implement complex automation efforts, including refactoring of automation code where needed
• Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• Generate test data for defined test cases, recognize test environment preparation needs, and execute existing test plans and report results
• Own responsibility for defect management and oversight and escalation of issues discovered during the testing phase
• Document as per Software Development Best Practices. Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
• Document performance test strategies and test plans, and execute performance validation
• Collect quality metric data and communicate test status/risks to stakeholders
• Act as first-review for project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections
• Provide technical support and mentoring to junior team members
• Perform demos of new product functionality to stakeholders
• Develop business and product knowledge over time.
• Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and time-to-market
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• Technical skills in Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Soap UI, Spring framework, REST, JSON, Eclipse, GIT.
• Excellent SQL skills to work on large and complex data sources and capability of comprehending and writing complex queries.
• Experience testing APIs (REST and SOAP), web user interface, and/or reports.
• Experience in implementing CI/CD build pipelines with tools like Git/Bit Bucket, Jenkins and Maven
• Successfully validated one or more application codebases via automation, for new feature functionality and regression testing
• Experience working in Agile teams and conversant with Agile/SAFe tenets and ceremonies. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems.
• Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) to effectively interact with multiple technical teams and other stakeholders.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive, with ability to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.