Senior Software Engineer
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySenior Software EngineerWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Franchise and Legal Solutions (FLS) Program contributes to the future of Mastercard by enabling growth in products, markets, services and innovations in an increasingly complex and competitive environment, while protecting our brand and business. We support, enable, and protect the franchise agreement by implementing the rules of the road for anyone interacting with our business. Our teams design, develop, and maintain comprehensive business solutions that connect the dots across different regions and functions. Our deep technology portfolio offers ample room for engineers to use innovation as a driver of strategy. Technologists working with us will grow in Agile, architecture, design, engineering, and strategy.
Franchise and Legal Solutions team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer who can develop applications using Java J2EE stack. The ideal candidate is the one who is passionate about designing & developing high quality code which is highly scalable, operable & highly available. If you are the one who enjoys solving problems in a challenging environment, and who has the desire to take their career to the next level. If any of these opportunities excite you, we would love to talk.
• Develop application logic for a multi-component system of applications.
• Significant code development, code review and day-to-day support duties.
• Ensure product deliverable is highly performant, responsive and of high quality.
• Deliver completed code on time and with minimal to no defects or failures.
Ensure all new logic maintains current unit test coverage standards or higher.
• Help maintain code quality and enable automation.
• Support testing resources as needed to remediate defects, answer questions, and assist with automation tasks.
• Contribute to the development of applications, components, system to system interfaces, and complete software solutions.
• Actively participate in the agile ceremonies including Daily Scrum, Story Grooming, Sprint Planning, and Retrospectives
• Participate in team prioritization discussions with Product/Business stakeholders
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
• Automate build, operate, and run aspects of software
• Drive integration of services focusing on customer journey and experience
• Perform demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with Product owners
• Drive adoption of technology standards and opinionated frameworks, and review coding, test, and automation work of team members
• Comply with organizations processes. Policies and protects organization’s Intellectual property. Also, participate in organization level process improvement and knowledge sharing
• Must have soft skills as well as technical in order to Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment. Public speaking as a technology evangelist for Mastercard
• Must have the ability to confidently and quickly make a decision is the hustle-bustle environment in order to maintain the ability of rapid development and deployment of new coding changes
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Tech leadership experience with development teams
• Expert experience with performing code reviews, creating system design, and mentoring junior level developers
• As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions
• Knowledge of Design Patterns
• Strong communication skills working with business partners and other key project contacts
• Knowledge of cloud native development such as pivotal cloud foundry etc.
• Extensive experience in designing and developing consumer facing products is a must have.
• Experience with software development methodologies, particularly with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
• Delivered scalable products through a CI/CD pipeline deploying on-prem or in a public cloud infrastructure.
• Ensure quality across the full stack via rigorous CI/CD practices in all aspects of the SDLC (Builds, Test, and Deploy).
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Java/ J2EE, Spring, Springboot, Hibernate, Web Services and Oracle SQL development
• Experienced in event driven systems (Apache Kafka, NATS, etc)
• Hands on experience of Angular/React will be an added advantage
• Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies (Gtest, JUnit, mocking, etc.)
• Experienced in building platforms with Microservice architecture and RESTful APIs.
• Experience using cloud-native approaches running on Linux, leveraging Spring Boot
• Experience with virtualization like Cloud Foundry (PCF), Kubernetes (PKS), Docker etc.
• Experience in CI/CD pipeline creation via Jenkins
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.