Vice President, Operational Resilience
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryVice President, Operational ResilienceOverview
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the function overseeing Security for Vocalink Limited, a company that enables the payments of 90% of salaries, 70% of utility bills, most ATM transactions and every cheque cleared in the UK.
The successful candidate will become part of a high functioning team, dedicated to delivering a robust, secure and resilient service to 60+million citizens every day with transactional volume of 11 billion/year and total annual transactional value in excess of GBP6 Trillion.
The Operational Resilience Vice President plays a crucial role in designing, implementing and embedding a clear Resilience strategy aligned to Vocalink’s business imperatives and industry standards and best practices.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Designing, implementing and embedding Vocalink’s Operational Resilience strategy to ensure, prevent and respond to incidents and outages in order to protect services and operations
• Ensuring the reslience and effectiveness of our services, with strong internal partner management and external relationship management of key vendors
• Collaborate with internal and external partners, ensuring that appropriate frameworks are in place with third parties to mitigate risks and deliver maximum value
• Manage and oversight the operational and reslience and associated risks of our supply chain, against the backdrop of evolving external regulatory requirements
• Provide input to scenario testing, running pilots and designing templates for vulnerabilities
• Developing and providing training and communications to reinforce and embed key requirements
• Provide incident management capability 24/7/365 with collaboration across all internal teams
• Lead and develop existing business relationships and engage with senior business leaders to understand long-term strategic resilience challenges and value
• Manage and deliver required outcomes for a portfolio of projects, reporting progress to senior colleagues
• Identify and evaluate resilience solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs
• Demonstrate continual commercial awareness of industry and regulatory developments relevant to market data, supplier management and the wider market, applying knowledge of the external environment, including regulatory landscape
• Recognised as a subject matter authority and point of escalation internally, whilst maintaining an external profile and presence for the wider Group, attending, influencing and lobbying regulators and industry bodies
• Providing insight, control and thought leadership, advising the business and building relationships with our key strategic suppliers
• Responding to regulatory requirements and information requests
All About You
• Experienced in overseeing operational resilience in a complex organization
• A strong understanding of risk strategy and frameworks with an ability to identify, articulate and manage risks as well as the wider evolving regulatory landscape for resilience
• The commercial acumen to provide cost-effective security solutions
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• Previous exposure to Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems, coding languages, and/or Networks
• Relevant experience of working in a complex (preferably multi-national) stakeholder environment that includes complex customers and regulators.
• Ability to articulate themselves clearly and concisely to a broad range of senior and junior stakeholders, acting as a bridge as well as guide for the implementation of new capabilities.
• Strong influencing skills; organizationally savvy
• Experience working with regulators (Bank of England supervision)
• Experience of presenting and communicating at board level
• Communication - requires effective communication skills – both written and oral - to deal with large diverse customer base (internal and external)
• Problem solving – excellent analysis and deductive skills
• Customer focus – passion for excellence
• Ethics – strong personal and professional ethics
• Highly motivated and conscientious individual
• Embodies and demonstrates all of the brand values required by Vocalink and Mastercard
• Ability to motivate, inspire and lead people effectively
• Line manager and a team player – leads by example
• Strategic thinker – able to develop and communicate direction
• Commercially aware
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.