hero

Talent page

Vacancy Opportunities throughout our Network
Holland FinTech
Holland FinTech
143
companies
10,708
Jobs

Manager, Software Engineering

Mastercard

Mastercard

Software Engineering
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Our Purpose

We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.

Title and Summary

Manager, Software Engineering

Manager, Software Engineering - Decision Management Program

Overview
• The Decision Management program enables intelligent decision based products through streaming analytics with the ability to govern these decisions and manage their outcomes with business agility.
• This program leverages business rules & AI engines, a streaming big data cluster, an in memory data grids, APIs, & UIs to deliver real time decisions at global scale
• This person will be responsible for leading the team as well as stay hands on.

We are looking for a Manager to join our DMP team in the Pune office.

• Are you a looking for a role with right balance of people management and hands-on with the code?
• Are you a strong technical programmer with experience leading a team?
• Are you passionate about making a difference in this world?
• Do you want to be part of a team which helps prevent fraud on every Mastercard transaction in this world?

Role
• Design application logic in Java.
• Manage your own time while collaborating with teammates to accomplish project goals
• Lead and manage the team including performance review and technical guidance
• Create documentation such as high level design and detailed design.
• Collaborate with the architect and make sure the team is aligned with Architecure guidelines.
• Apply best development practices to write well designed, maintainable, testable, scalable, and secure code.
• Expect to spend 40% of the time on people management and remaining 60% on doing technical design, mentoring the team and be hands-on.


Essential Knowledge/Experience
• Strong programming skills with deep knowledge of Java.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Good multi-tasking abilities.
• Excellent knowledge of Spring and other frameworks.
• Good knowledge of unit testing and mocking frameworks like junit, mockito or easymock.
• Good knowledge of SQL and experience working with Oracle.
• Experience working with high performance applications.
• Good problem diagnostic and creative problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks within the constraints and timelines determined by business needs.
• Experience mentoring a team.

Desirable Skills:

• Experience with IBM ILOG/ODM and Pivotal Gemfire Grid.
• Machine Learning lifecycle.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes etc.
• Experience with Angular.
• BS in computer science or a related field preferred.

What we offer in return includes a a wonderful office in Pune, coffee that doesn’t stink, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.

Corporate Security Responsibility


All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:

  • Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;

  • Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;

  • Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and

  • Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.