MavenBlue was founded in 2016 by a team of IT and finance professionals who share a common vision on the role of automation in the future of both the finance and the insurance industry.
Our mission is to empower insurance and finance professionals to maximize their added value by providing smart and efficient software solutions.
MavenBlue is looking for a financial risk modeller with good communication skills, excellent quant skills and experience in insurance consultancy or with an insurance company. Take on the challenge of conquering the European market with us!
What are you going to do
As a financial risk modeller you have a major influence on the further development of our solutions, for example by designing new functionality based on your own insight and in response to customer requirements. You make prototypes and write (GPU computing based) performing algorithms, you write documentation, you test and improve the software. You may also participate in projects at our clients, such as conducting the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) and Asset Liability Management (ALM) studies, and advising on actuarial and commercial pricing.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a goal-oriented quant with a very strong financial mathematics background and experience in IT:
- You have preferably completed a PhD in the quantitative field, such as Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Actuarial Science, etc.
- You are able to quickly understand complex matters and convert them into effective advice and simple solutions.
- You have 7+ years of relevant work experience and the intention to commit to MavenBlue for a longer period of time.
- You are fluent in Dutch and you have a good working knowledge in English.
- You are an ambitious self-starter who solves problems, and certainly also a team player.
- You have experience with programming in, for example, Java, C ++, VBA, SQL, Python or R.
- In addition to the content, you also have good communication and commercial skills. You enjoy presenting, writing articles and blogs, etc. You recognize commercial opportunities and know how to take advantage of them.
- You communicate effortlessly with different layers within the customer organization, from department director to specialist.
Do you think you enrich our team, are you analytically strong, hands-on and ambitious? Then we are looking for you!
What do we offer
We offer you a challenging position within a growing, innovative company. Your colleagues are all specialists who have earned their spurs in IT and within insurance companies in areas such as balance sheet management and pricing.
You have plenty of development opportunities and you can immediately make a valuable contribution to implementation processes, analyzes at our customers and further expansion of the functionalities of our software. You will receive a good basic salary supplemented with a generous profit-sharing scheme.