- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to have gain exposure on what it takes to build a high growth business?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe, to support the CEO office and Leadership Team members. The role will cover a range of ad-hoc projects to push our rapidly scaling business forward. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a fast-paced and collaborative culture and be instrumental in accelerating our growth.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
The Office Assistant role within Modulr will support a number of members of the Leadership Team and also work closely with colleagues across the business. You will be responsible for diary management, scheduling meetings, arranging room bookings and team events, as well as everyday office maintenance and improvements. You will be the first port of call for office issues and concerns - working between the team and building management to keep things operating smoothly. This is a full-time, permanent role that will require the individual to be based in our Edinburgh office 4/5 days a week.
- Administrative Support: responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the team. This includes managing calendars, scheduling meetings, handling correspondence, and organising travel arrangements as and when required.
- Office Operations: oversee the day-to-day support within the office, ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow. This may involve ordering and maintaining office supplies, managing inventory, coordinating with vendors, and resolving any operational issues that may arise.
- Communication and Coordination: effective communication and coordination are crucial in a fast-paced environment. The Office Assistant should facilitate communication among team members, departments, and external stakeholders. This includes managing email correspondence, and serving as a point of contact for inquiries.
- Event Planning: events such as client meetings, conferences, and team-building activities are common. The Office Assistant should be responsible for coordinating and organizing these events, including venue selection, logistics management, and ensuring a seamless experience for participants.
The successful Office Assistant will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- You are focused and enjoy working autonomously as well as a team
- You are equally comfortable planning ahead and thinking on your feet
- You’re an excellent written and verbal communicator, with a professional communication style
- You have a can-do attitude and are happy to pick up ad-hoc tasks and projects
- You are approachable and welcoming to clients, candidates, new-joiners, co-workers and key stakeholders alike
- You have great attention to detail
- You are enthusiastic about company culture and want to create a practical and enjoyable office environment
- You are approachable and accommodating, yet able to push back and gatekeep where necessary
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and ideas about how we can improve
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Enhanced Pension – 4% employer contribution
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.