Sales Development Representative
Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
Do you want to have the opportunity to drive change in a fast-paced dynamic environment?
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
The Sales Development Representative team play a vital role within the business supporting Modulr's growth and expansion. Working within the sales team this role also serves as a great platform for future career growth into sales or other areas of the business.
Depending on the project, you will need to be comfortable doing the following:
- You will research future buyers within our core verticals of Banking, Fintech, Crypto, Travel, Employment Services and Accounting and leverage your intellectual curiosity, thinking about how we could help them.
- You will network on social media channels such as LinkedIn and use the best sales technology to turbo-charge your productivity.
- On a daily basis, you will craft sales emails that push beyond gatekeepers, inspire prospects to respond, reaching and providing prospects at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience.
The successful Sales Development Representative will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Sales or sales development experience in a fast paced inside sales environment, ideally in a SaaS, Fintech or other similar scaling business
- Foundational knowledge of sales development outreach methodology, with proficiency in creating creative and persuasive personalised outreach content
- You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving quotas and objectives
- You have strong communication skills (written & verbal) are an excellent listener, and can demonstrate consistent success with developing client/prospect relationships
- Ability to pick up new technology with ease
- Ability to understand complex technical products
- Requirement to collaborate closely with marketing on campaigns and ensure you are using the correct messaging/talk-tracks effectively
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Hybrid working 3 days a week - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.