Customer Support Agent
Customer Support Agent
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to learn and develop your skills?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe, to consistently deliver a world class experience to our customers and partners.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
The Customer Support Agent is a vital role within Modulr and this role will a trusted advisor and expert on finance and payments
The successful Customer Support Agent will play a major role in helping and assisting our customers you will be responsible for monitoring and responding to enquiries via web, email, phone and other channels. This will involve investigating and diagnosing issues using company and online resources to solve any problems and maintaining communication and issue logs in compliance with policies and legislation.
Depending on the project, you will need to be comfortable doing the following:
- You will be a part of a team that is always striving to improve the quality of service we provide to customers
- We are motivated to go the extra mile and see complex issues through to resolution, we will expect the same from new joiners
- It is important for you to demonstrate an understanding and supportive approach to your customers
- You have an interest in finance or technology and are keen to develop a career in these sectors
- You take pride in the level of service you provide and take ownership of the customer experience
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- We have a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. You and your team are expected to be self-leading and at times work independently
- The culture is one of sharing knowledge and ideas about how we can improve, your contribution will be valued
- You will have the flexibility to work between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday – Friday (35-hour week), and also the capability to provide 24/7 out of hours support on a rota basis (1 week in 6)
The successful Customer Support Agent will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience supporting customers via phone and email
- Experience providing 1st line technical support or troubleshooting a technology product is beneficial but not required
- Confidence when communicating with customers combined with the ability to effectively tailor your communication style to differing audiences
- Complaint handling experience would be beneficial but is not essential
- A high level of attention to detail
- An academic background in finance, technology or business would be beneficial but is not essential
- European language skills or Experience of working with overseas (European) clients
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.