Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst being part of a high growth UK based technology business?
Do you want to have the opportunity to own the marketing of a new product category?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing embedded payments business in the UK and Europe, to lead and scale our marketing efforts across the UK and Europe.
At Modulr we have a story to tell. We’re on a mission to unlock the embedded payment opportunity for businesses across the UK and Europe. Embedded payments is a new category which sees payments becoming an integral part of a business’s technology stack. By providing software-driven account and payment services that traditional banks just can’t offer, we help businesses to tackle long-standing challenges. Gone are ‘business hours only’, ‘batch processes’ and ‘manual reconciliation’. This opens a world of real-time account provision, real time payments and instant actions, all delivered through API integrations.
We enable hundreds of enterprise customers and thousands of SMEs to process and reconcile large amounts of payments automatically and in real time. Business in any sector, from investments and trading, to lenders, accountancy firms, neobanks, travel operators, business marketplaces, property companies and car dealerships, can now unlock the embedded payment opportunity and drive incremental revenue, streamlined ops and way better customer experiences.
Core to Modulr’s success is our robust platform, our unrivalled connections to payments schemes, and our ability to operate at scale. This is underpinned by our regulatory status as an EMI in the UK and Europe, and our compliance rigour. Today, we handle over £100bn of annualised payment volume and our platform handles on average 30 API calls per second. Welcome to Payments Unleashed.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
We are looking for a talented and driven Marketing Director to join our team, reporting to a member of the executive leadership team. This role requires a blend of strategic thinking, leadership, creativity, and analytical ability. As Marketing Director, you will lead our marketing team, build our brand identity and deliver outstanding results that drive the growth of our business.
Marketing Modulr is not about emphasising competitive advantages, asking customers what their payment problems are, or Gartner quadrant management. Modulr is creating a new category so the next few years will be about educating the market on payment problems they may not be aware of, or explaining live solutions that they may never have considered possible for their businesses.
You will be responsible for devising and implementing an effective marketing and communications programme, tailored to support Modulr’s strategy and roadmap, shaping our brand and reputation as the leading embedded payments business across the UK and Europe. This will include:
- Grow our pipeline with new opportunities, particularly in the larger enterprise space and across Europe, in line with our company targets and strategy
- Establish and cement Modulr’s brand in the new category of embedded payments
- Continually challenge and transform the marketing function’s way of working, as we scale into a bigger business
- Work closely with other Modulr teams, in particular Sales and Product
The scope of the Marketing Director role is broad, but you will need to be comfortable with owning the below:
- Marketing strategy: Define and own Modulr’s overall marketing strategy, aligning it with the wider business’s strategic priorities and support required for other teams.
- Funnel development: Review wider commercial goals and identify how marketing can help influence broader pipeline and revenue generation with the aim of maximising qualified opportunities
- Brand building: building and executing strategies that drive our brand identity and position Modulr as the embedded payments market leader. Oversee the creation and delivery of engaging content that amplifies our brand and resonates with our customers.
- European expansion: Lead the development of new marketing initiatives and approaches that ensure we lead a successful expansion into our European markets.
- Team development: Lead and manage the marketing team, fostering a supportive and results-driven environment. Provide guidance and mentorship to help team members reach their full potential.
- Communication: Act as a brand ambassador, communicating our vision, values, and products to both internal and external stakeholders. You will work closely with sales, product, and the leadership team to ensure alignment of strategies and goals.
- Performance metrics: Champion metrics driven decision making, regularly reviewing performance data to understand impact, optimise strategies and improve ROI.
- Market intelligence: Conduct regular market research to understand industry trends, customer needs, and competitor activities. Use this information to inform marketing strategies and business decisions.
The team is currently 10 people, all of whom are based in our London office in White City. You will have three direct reports who respectively own the three core functions of marketing - Content Creation, Demand Generation and Vertical Marketing. As Marketing Director, you will work closely with Product, Sales, Customer Success, Compliance, and the Leadership Team to support Modulr’s rapid growth.
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in marketing - experience in a regulated payments industry or B2B marketing, particularly in a new product or service category, is highly desirable.
- Having been through a scale-up and/or international expansion would be advantageous
- Strong leadership skills with experience in team development and management.
- Takes a balanced approach to decision making - both intuitive and data-informed.
- Can evidence an ability to convert a complicated technical solution into a simple message.
- Experience in scaling a new category brand for fast growing B2B technology is desirable.
- Proficient with marketing technology and tools, and comfortable with bow-tie metrics for a recurring revenue business.
- Be able to operate at a range of levels – both in terms of big picture strategic thinking, thought leadership and getting into the data, analysis, and execution.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, being comfortable leading a mid-sized team, and working across departments.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team located across Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam, and Mumbai. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer.
- Benefits pot - £1000 towards a variety of benefits for you to choose (including healthcare, dental etc), Perkbox (freebies and discounts!), plus access to season ticket loan.
- 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) + your birthday off + opportunity to buy extra holiday - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that diversity is essential to our success and welcome individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join our team. If you share our values and enjoy working in a dynamic and exciting environment, we encourage you to explore our available positions and join us in shaping the future of Modulr.