Head of Product - Customer Experience
Head of Product, Customer Experience
London - White City
Office based role
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on experience delivering in the embedded payments space?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to lead a team responsible for building best-in-class payments products?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are the fastest-growing payments business in the UK and Europe and are looking to hire ambitious, and value-adding talent. The Head of Product, Customer Experience is a new role within our Product leadership team and will play a critical role in shaping our Product function as we scale.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovative approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as start-up and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives.
- Build the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Own the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being a Modulite
The Head of Product, Customer Experience will be responsible for building, developing and leading a high-performing team of Product Managers, Product Designers and UX / UI specialists, with accountability for the development, delivery and performance of our suite of Customer Experience product components.
The Customer Experience product portfolio includes all channels and methods of interacting with Modulr products and services that our customers access including:
- Public API and associated developer experience (including documentation & sandbox)
- Front-end portals for a diverse user base, ranging from partners managing millions of client accounts, treasurers, financial controllers, payment operations teams through to independent Accountancy Practices
- Mobile application for access to Modulr services
- Onboarding journeys for direct, partner and channel introduced customers
- 3rd party integrations into channel partners in Accounting and Payroll segments that provide pre-integrated payment services to SME customers
- Work closely with the Chief Product Officer to define Modulr’s product vision, strategy and roadmap, taking ownership of the delivery and ongoing success of our Customer Experience roadmap.
- Set OKRs for your products and lead your team to execute against those OKRs.
- Provide day-to-day guidance, coaching and development for your team to execute high-quality deliverables including but not limited to:
- Technical designs and specifications, that address business requirements
- Epic and user story definition including clear acceptance criteria.
- Accountable for the delivery of our Customer Experience roadmap:
- Ensuring scalable ways of working with our engineering function to prioritise requirements and deliver at pace each sprint.
- Ensuring end-to-end delivery of products, ensuring all implications on teams across the business are understood and managed ahead of go-live.
- Ensuring internal documentation and functional product collateral is created and maintained.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with key suppliers, both at the operational and strategic level.
- Embed a data-driven mindset across your team to ensure our prioritisation decisions solve our customers’ problems.
- Develop metrics for your products and assessing the ongoing, overall performance of all products against these metrics.
- Accountable for understanding the costs of our products and working with our market-facing product management team to input into pricing strategies.
- Responsible for regularly communicating updates on progress, ensuring any issues are pro-actively managed.
- Be an active member of the Product leadership team, embodying the Modulr values and promoting the Product team and its activities both across the business and externally.
The Product team is a core part of Modulr and works cross-functionally with all teams across the business. This role reports into the Chief Product Officer and will be a key role within the Product leadership team. You will lead a team of Product Owners / Managers.
You will have a track-record of delivering results in a fast-moving business where complexity and ambiguity is the norm. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- A stellar track record in product management (including product design and technical product development), with a proven ability to launch and scale products.
- Experience in managing Customer or User Experience product functions within complex SAAS or Financial Services organisations, with the ability to lead teams in day-to-day execution whilst also maintaining a long-term vision and strategy for your portfolio.
- Skilled at structuring, developing and leading a high-performing teams
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), with co-workers located in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam and/or Mumbai. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values put you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Benefits pot - £1000 towards a variety of benefits for you to choose (including healthcare, dental etc), Perkbox (freebies and discounts!), plus access to season ticket loans
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme, called ModStart, to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels, platforms and Buddy allocation to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr All hands - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success.
- Bike to work scheme
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.