Product Manager - Financial Crime Operations
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on experience working in the embedded payments space?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to apply technology to transform the way we operate at scale.
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire ambitious, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe. The Product Manager, Financial Crime Operations role is a new role within our Product team and will play a critical role in ensuring we build a world-class financial crime operations centre.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovative approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being a Modulite
The Product Manager - FinCrime Operations, is a critical role within Modulr that will ensure we build effective teams, processes and systems to prevent and minimise financial crime whilst enabling our compliance team to scale at pace.
- Work closely with the Product Lead for Customer Operations to define Modulr’s strategy and roadmap to efficiently scale our fincrime operations function.
- Develop, structure and manage a programme of work to execute against your roadmap, clearly defining outcomes that deliver business value.
- Work with fincrime teams to understand requirements, map processes and develop solutions to reduce instances of fraud, terrorist financing and money laundering. This will include understanding requirements driven by regulatory developments, including Consumer Duty, APP fraud contingent reimbursement model etc.
- Create technical designs and specifications for products that will be developed in-house, working closely with engineering and data teams to ensure value is delivered incrementally each sprint.
- Balance build vs. buy considerations, developing relationships with external suppliers and making recommendations to our compliance teams to ensure solutions are consistent with our overall compliance strategy.
- Manage the onboarding and implementation of new systems, ensuring a clear target operating model is defined and we actively manage external suppliers.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in operational processes including use of process automation and GenAI.
- Ensure all implications on teams across the business are understood and managed ahead of new functionality going live.
- Create and maintain internal documentation and functional product collateral for use by internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for regularly communicating updates on progress, ensuring any issues are pro-actively managed.
- Actively monitor performance against operational KPIs, ensuring your product roadmap is continually iterated to maximise efficiency.
You will be part of a high-performing team of Product Managers that works cross-functionally to drive change for our customers and internal operations teams. This role will report into the Product Lead for Customer Operations, and you will work day-to-day with the financial crime operations teams, engineering teams as well as external suppliers.
You will have a track-record of delivering results in a fast-moving environment where complexity and ambiguity is the norm. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- A stellar track record in product and / or project management.
- A background in financial services, with experience in Financial Crime Operations is preferred.
- Experienced in business analysis, able to quickly assess and analyse current activities and processes and develop solutions through technology change to maximise efficiency at scale.
- A demonstrated history of managing external suppliers, with outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), with co-workers located in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam and/or Mumbai. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus- the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Benefits pot -£1000 towards a variety of benefits for you to choose (including healthcare, dental etc), Perkbox (freebies and discounts!), plus access to season ticket loan
- 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) + your birthday off + opportunity to buy extra holiday- choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities– on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on- join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace- Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.