- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on experience delivering in the embedded payments space?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to be part of the team that leads the execution of our strategy in our key verticals, ensuring we effectively launch the right products for our customers?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are the fastest-growing payments business in the UK and Europe and are looking to hire ambitious, and value-adding talent. Product Managers play a critical, cross-functional role, leading the development of our go-to-market strategy and its execution, in our strategic verticals.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovative approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being a Modulite
Our web and mobile Front End (FE) Portals enable our partners and customers to onboard for our services, manage their introduced customers, setup and interrogate accounts as well as make and reconcile payments. Often in conjunction with connected third-party software (such as payroll or accounting platforms).
As we grow the capability of our FE Portals and extend into new customer types we are looking for an experienced Product Designer with a background in UX and UI design, to join the team and drive the design and implementation of a portfolio of FE components.
- Working with Product Managers to understand user requirements, map out journeys and wireframe screens, as well as designing and producing the final screen visuals within their various states as development progresses.
- You’ll also work alongside our full-stack development teams, as you work on your designs, providing guidance and support on the various journeys, flows, logic and layouts during the build. You’ll also manage developer feedback throughout the design and build process.
- We’re looking for someone who can provide simple, clean UX solutions to complex workflows, and can communicate their designs to stakeholders (Product Managers, Developers etc) through clear visuals with usability and customer focus at top of mind.
The Product team is a core part of Modulr and works cross-functionally with all teams across the business. This role is within our Customer Experience product portfolio and reports to Head of Customer Experience.
You will have a track-record of delivering results in a fast-moving business where complexity and ambiguity is the norm. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience designing user-friendly web and responsive-web apps, or functional web-based tools. Please include examples of your portfolio with your application.
- Excellent command of core Product and UX Design processes such as prototyping, journey mapping and refinement/optimisation, wireframing and workflow design.
- Strong UI design discipline including low/hi fidelity designs, final pixel-perfect visual design and ability to create format responsive designs.
- Structured working practice with focus on utilising a design system (styles, symbols, components) that drives reusability and consistency.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch design software including working with libraries, nested symbols and design system component management.
- Good understanding of user-centric design, accessibility, industry standards, information architecture and navigation.
- Experience of working and effectively collaborating with Agile engineering teams.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills – you’ll contribute to regular working design sessions with the team and will need to be able to clearly communicate your design approach and ideas, and their benefits, to various stakeholders including product managers and engineers.
- The ability to take on stakeholder feedback pragmatically and offer updates and alternatives to meet customer and stakeholder requirements.
- A self-starter, able to work independently as well as with guidance.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Expert user of inVision and Sketch
- Beneficial but not essential:
- Experience of carrying out user research to inform your designs
- Experience of mobile app design.
- Experience of product design in financial services.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), with co-workers located in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam and/or Mumbai. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values put you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together; the more company bonus we offer
- Benefits pot - £1000 towards a variety of benefits for you to choose (including healthcare, dental etc), Perkbox (freebies and discounts!), plus access to season ticket loan
- 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) + your birthday off + opportunity to buy extra holiday - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities - on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.