Product Manager - Developer Experience
Product Manager, Developer Experience
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on experience delivering in the embedded payments space?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to be part of the team that leads the execution of our strategy in our key verticals, ensuring we effectively launch the right products for our customers?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are the fastest-growing payments business in the UK and Europe and are looking to hire ambitious, and value-adding talent. Product Managers play a critical, cross-functional role, leading the development of our go-to-market strategy and its execution, in our strategic verticals.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovative approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being a Modulite
At Modulr we build and operate an API first, micro-services platform that allows our customers to optimize how they collect and pay, embed innovative payment experiences in their software products or build brand new financial apps on top of our platform. Our API is at the centre of how our products and services are consumed by our customers, and the developers that use them are our key user community.
The Product Manager for Developer Experience will be the lead on defining, designing and implementing a world- class experience for our developer community. You will own the definition of what good looks like and delivery of content, experience, guides, documentation and engagement with our developer community. Your core mission will be to make the experience of discovering, learning, implementing and maintaining an integration with Modulr platform simple and frictionless.
- Become an expert in Modulr customers’ applications of our API for different use cases and patterns of implementation. Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the pain points they want to solve with Modulr services.
- Develop a deep understanding of our developer users and implement plans to enhance their experience of Modulr.
- Enhance the simplicity of discovering the capability and power of Modulr’s API to enable developers to move from ‘how do I do it’ to ‘why would I ever want to do it differently’ in a matter of minutes.
- In collaboration with marketing, product and engineering develop a world-class, consistent, structured and targeted set of guides, API end-point descriptions and other content for developers that accelerate learning and reduce time to implement.
- Create engagement with developers during their learning, implementation and maintenance of Modulr services. Develop a strategy and implement tools and components that help us drive engagement.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis to ensure we can make data-driven decisions on what good looks like.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to implement world-class content that describes and guides users in the best implementation of our APIs.
- Drive consistency and quality of documentation and content for new feature and services.
The Product team is a core part of Modulr and works cross-functionally with all teams across the business. This role is within our Customer Experience product portfolio and reports to Head of Customer Experience.
You will have a track-record of delivering results in a fast-moving business where complexity and ambiguity is the norm. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- We’re looking for an individual with a passion for technology. Background in engineering / development preferred, product management experience desired but not essential.
- Strong technical competency and experience with integrating and / or building complex API driven platforms.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience and passion for clear, precise and engaging writing that easily explains technical concepts.
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills, comfortable engaging with commercial teams and customers, as well as collaborating across broader product and technology teams.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), with co-workers located in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam and/or Mumbai. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values put you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together; the more company bonus we offer
- Benefits pot - £1000 towards a variety of benefits for you to choose (including healthcare, dental etc), Perkbox (freebies and discounts!), plus access to season ticket loan
- 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) + your birthday off + opportunity to buy extra holiday - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities - on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.