Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on experience working in the embedded payments space?
Do you want to have the opportunity to be ensure a culture of compliance is embedded into the values and behaviours of the business, from the top down.
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire ambitious, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovative approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. We are easily able to integrate our payments solutions into our customers to support their business moving money quickly and safely, in real time, 24/7. We combine our API led tech solutions with regulatory permissions which allows us to maximise the benefit of these industry leading solutions. maintaining a strong position of regulatory compliance that is fundamental to the business and its future success.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
The Company Secretary is a vital role within Modulr and will ensure all corporate governance, regulatory compliance and standardised policies are met and adhered to. They will play a major role in leading and shaping good corporate governance, and best boardroom and committee practise which will be critical for the business during its continued expansion. You will work closely with our risk, compliance and legal teams, as well as the Executive Leadership Team, CEO Office and Board.
The work of the Company Secretary will be varied but you will need to be comfortable doing the following:
- Ensuring efficient scheduling and delivery of Board and committee meetings, including the shaping agendas, preparation of reports as well as ensuring there is an accurate minute of the meeting and actions are captured and driven to effective conclusion.
- Provision of timely and accurate information to the Board and its Committees and ensuring compliance with companies law.
- Keep an eye on any corporate governance legislation changes, ensuring that all relevant changes are continuously communication and implemented to keep abreast of best practice.
- Assist with the administration of the Group share/option plans.
- Consistently build strong relationships with stakeholders
The successful Company Secretary will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role as well as the ability to ensure stakeholders provide the required material on time to support the smooth running of governance forums.
The ideal candidate
- CGI (formerly ICSA) part or fully qualified.
- Able to populate and design packs that drive clarity and action focussed discussions.
- Have the ability to deal with a variety of governance/company secretarial tasks as required.
- Extensive experience of attending, supporting, and minuting Board/Committee meetings
- Knowledge of share issuances, document execution, and registry filings.
- Familiarity with KYC and due diligence processes.
- Experience working with electronic document signing platforms like DocuSign.
- Knowledge of Companies House requirements and familiarity with relevant filings.
- European Chamber of Commerce and relevant filling experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to work credibly at executive and board level.
- Highly organized, and able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong organisational skills, with high level of attention to detail.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), with co-workers located in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam and/or Mumbai. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Benefits pot - £1000 towards a variety of benefits for you to choose (including healthcare, dental etc), Perkbox (freebies and discounts!), plus access to season ticket loan
- 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) + your birthday off + opportunity to buy extra holiday - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success, because of this we ask our colleagues to adopt an office first approach. This role will require the Company Secretary to be based in our office 4 days’ a week. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.