Internal Audit Manager
Internal Audit Manager
myPOS is as an Electronic Money Institution (EMI) authorised in Ireland by the Central Bank of Ireland and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK. We currently serve more than 170,000 customers across various industries in over 30 European markets. Our team consists of 600+ experienced professionals spread across 18 offices including Ireland, UK and Bulgaria.
Our mission is to empower every enterprise to reap the benefits of innovation and modern technologies, solve payment challenges and grow in new and powerful ways. myPOS was founded on the belief that all businesses and entrepreneurs should be able to leverage the power of card payments and modern technology to grow and thrive. At the core of our culture are innovations and impact, the diversity of people and businesses, along with our capability to be collaborative and scalable.
The Internal Audit Manager will support the Head of Internal Audit and the myPOS Limited Senior Management Team in Dublin (MPL SMT) through our audit charter. Internal audit operates independently as the third line of defense to provide assurance to the Board and our stakeholders on the adequacy and effectiveness of myPOS and its governance, risk management and internal control environment, in accordance with internal audit standards.
The successful candidate will be based in our Dublin office and will be responsible for planning, executing and delivering operational, financial, regulatory, compliance and IT audits, providing advisory services, and participating in ad-hoc assignments and investigations as the need arises.
In this role the successful candidate will have exposure to all levels of management throughout the organisation and support the business in identifying solutions to address audit findings with the objective of mitigating risk and enhancing the control environment.
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function (CF2) role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company requirements.
- Collaborate and support the Head of Internal Audit to define the appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan for myPOS Limited (MPL), taking into consideration audit risk appetite, the current and expected business environment, regulatory and resourcing requirements;
- Build independent and respected relationships with business stakeholders on each audit and develop on-going relationships;
- Define audit scopes and terms of reference with department managers prior to commencement of audit work;
- Lead and manage audit work to ensure that relevant risks and controls have been identified and assessed;
- Review audit fieldwork documentation, evaluate observations and findings in line with internal audit methodology;
- Write high quality observations and audit reports;
- Lead discussions with business stakeholders in relation to audit observations and findings, consulting with the Head of Internal Audit where required;
- Track post-audit issues and actions raised, complete issue assurance, ensuring issues raised are adequately closed and evidenced within agreed timelines;
- Promote a culture of efficiency through use of expert knowledge, auditing techniques and commercial drivers to focus and deliver the audit plan and support internal audit strategy;
- Provide complete, accurate and timely information for internal reporting;
- Assist with the performance of the annual risk assessment of all the company’s operational functions, activities and processes, including those which are outsourced, examining the specific risks, inherent risks, and mitigating controls, and assign exposure risk ratings for each activity or process in accordance with the internal audit methodology;
- Conduct special audits, investigations and consulting assignments, as requested by management / the Audit Committee or as instances warrant;
- Support the development of a Group-wide internal audit control function by helping to build a Group-wide third line of defense capability;
- Work closely with Compliance and Risk to promote a culture of risk and internal control awareness where internal audit is seen as a valuable support function by all staff across the organization;
- Recruit, train, supervise, and lead an internal audit team;
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Head of Internal Audit.
The role-holder should bring the right cultural behaviours; aptitude, integrity, ethics, confidence, “doing the right thing” and excellent personal characteristics.
- High-level of competency in risk-based auditing, minimum 5 years, in the financial services industry (e.g. Payments, Banking, Insurance, Credit, Client Assets / Investor Money). Experience in auditing financial crime, outsourcing arrangements, information technology and Electronic Money Institution (EMI) Safeguarding would be beneficial;
- Strong technical knowledge of internal auditing standards and Irish, European and UK regulation and guidance;
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work collaboratively or on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment, with excellent communication skills (both spoken and written), interpersonal skills and people skills;
- Proven experience in managing relationships with business stakeholders and/or regulators;
- Relevant audit, accounting or equivalent professional qualification e.g., ACCA/ ACA/ CPA/ CIA/ IIA or a Masters Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or similar;
- Experience in data analytics desirable.
Willingness to travel as part of planned audit work.
What we offer
This is an exciting and challenging position within a rapidly growing FinTech company, with the opportunity to develop the internal audit team, whilst working closely with senior and specialist colleagues across the wider organisation.
The role comes with:
- Competitive salary;
- Generous non-contributory occupational pension;
- Private health and dental insurance;
- Eligibility for a performance-based bonus;
- Life & income protection insurance;
- Hybrid working model;
- 28 days of annual leave.
By submitting your application, you agree that myPOS Ltd may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes.
- Internal Audit
- Reference number
Internal Audit Manager
Already working at myPOS?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.