The FINS Analyst is a core member of the GTS team reporting into the Workday Product Manager
Part of a team of Workday Specialists, the role is fundamental to supporting and advancing FINS usage of the core Workday Financial components. The Analyst serves as an Technology point of contact for financial functional areas and assists NCC finance teams to identify, plan and implement systems and process improvements. The role will involve implementation, configuration, and support of Workday applications.
This position forms an integral part of a successful finance transformation team, within an exciting and growing industry, cyber security. You will be a fully qualified accountant with good all-round experience of accounts, exposure to Finance systems and how they operate, combined with knowledge of the controls environment and its importance within day-to-day processes
The ability to deal with a fast-paced environment and high level of change is key to success within this role.
You will be fulfilling a key financial role by supporting Global Finance Transformation to transition the Finance department into an upper quartile performer. The applicant will be a driven individual, demonstrating a thirst for knowledge and the will to broaden their skill set.
You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of change across several Finance systems (examples include as Workday, Salesforce, Concur), and providing support to those businesses that have transitioned to the new systems landscape.
The scope of the role is Core Finance covering mainly Purchase-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash, General ledger and reporting. Key aspects of the role are as follows:
- Maintenance of a lean global chart of accounts structure which delivers both statutory and management accounts.
- Account dimension definition and maintenance which are used as the building blocks to quality, value-add reporting and used as the basis for how we record financial transactions.
- Account posting rule definition and maintenance, which will use accounting knowledge ensuring compliance with NCC policy and an ethos of one company one way.
- Collaboration with local Finance teams and system consultants to deliver local requirements for VAT and sales taxes.
- Integrations: Working with the system consultants and local Finance teams to deliver finance integrations that are fit for purpose (such as banking / digital VAT returns/ payroll)
- Month and year close process definition
- Work with Finance Transformation, local Finance and Master Data & Reporting teams to identify, interpret and deliver local reporting requirements through the new systems landscape.
- Ensuring through system design that the objective of a controls-based audit is embedded within Finance processes.
- Education of local finance teams in relation to Workday security groups and impact on ways of working
- Support the NCC businesses in mapping financial history to Workday, including GL, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and bank.
- Working with local Finance teams to ensure configuration and business processes operate as expected and are fit for purpose.
- Preparation of training material for finance processes
- Training super users in new systems
- Early life support for businesses post deployment
- Ability to review and analyse data, identify issues and take appropriate corrective action
- Attention to detail and accuracy in preparing accounts and supporting information
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential whilst working in a highly pressurised environment
- Professional level of communication in verbal and written form
- Focus on systems, processes and controls to ensure that risks are minimised, and processes are scalable as the business continues to grow
- An understanding of the key drivers of the NCC business model and how developments or changes could impact ways of working and/ or accounting and tax processes.
- Sound knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- The ability to form close working relationships with colleagues, to be able to communicate at their level, understand their requirements, gain their trust and influence them where necessary.
- Proactive demeanour with the ability to offer constructive advice or solutions.
- Adapts to a culture of constant process improvement and review of output
- Handles problems with innovation and creativity.
- Focus on results and achieving personal work objectives.
- Takes control, initiates action and take responsibility.
- Manages pressure well and copes well with demands from a number of different stakeholders.
- Ability to organise own workload to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and proven ability to achieve
- Credible and trustworthy – someone that people will listen to and take notice of – seen as a “go to” person by colleagues
- Accounting qualification – Fully Qualified
- Sound accounting knowledge, including IFRS
- Good Finance exposure
- Must have experience in 2-3 of the following: AP/AR; Banking; Journals; General Ledger; Fixed Assets; Reporting; VAT
- Previous experience in a PLC reporting environment is preferred but not essential
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Exposure to system design for Finance is preferred but not essential