Technical Specialist (Linux)
Are you proficient with Linux and do you enjoy working with colleagues and do you like a dynamic working environment? Then we have an interesting challenge for you!
Your role as Technical Specialist (Linux)
As a Technical Specialist at Fox-IT, you play an important role in maintaining and improving both new and existing customer environments. Within your position, you are also engaged in proactive activities aimed at improving customer environments. You have a mindset that focuses on automation. In addition to your specialization in Linux, you are skilled in building scripts and/or playbooks. You have knowledge of open-source management tools and are able to quickly become familiar with similar techniques.
- managing the network sensors after they have been installed by the implementation specialists;
- resolve any defects/incidents with the network sensors (for example, with the memory of the network sensor, any changes to the customer network that cause problems with a network sensor or a hardware-related failure);
- find out why an alert goes off frequently in the monitoring tools;
- troubleshooting a network sensor when it becomes unreachable via, for example, the out-of-band line;
- providing information for business reporting, such as information about the amount of data processed by a network sensor;
- when the colleagues of the SOC have difficulty making a packet capture, you come to the rescue with your expertise in this area.
Division: Managed Services
Our managed service department includes a portfolio of cybersecurity products and services such as network monitoring services, fraud detection and prevention, forensics and incident response as well as threat intelligence. The Technical Operations Center within Managed Services is committed to ensure that its services are received by our customers in a reliable and consistent manner, at world class levels. We do this by consistently finding new ways to automate and streamline our operations and service levels by designing and implementing ever improved processes and techniques.
We are Fox-IT, or Fox. We stand for making the world safer and more secure. That means every one of us contributes in making society safer and more secure with the help of our technical and innovative solutions. From our Red Team of hackers, our Blue Team of defense specialists, highly skilled developers to trusted security consultants and more: We do this for organizations where cyber security is highly important. That is why we continuously develop our individual skills and knowledge.
We are critical thinkers, naturally security paranoid and thrive on development. We are part of NCC Group and with 2000 like-minded colleagues around the globe, we are on our never-ending mission to create a safer world.
We are on a mission to make society a safer and more secure place. Our people are the ones who make that possible; a global community of talented individuals working together towards a safer future.
We aim to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We work together, we are brilliantly creative, we embrace difference and we want you to join in our mission.
This is you
- Has diploma of an IT related study such as computer science, network and/or system engineering or comparable;
- Has at least 2 years of related technical operations or system engineering;
- Experience with managing of Linux servers is essential.
- Automation knowledge of Ansible, Bash or similar tooling
- A good understanding of networking and related tools would be very beneficial;
- Professional understanding of English and Dutch language, both written and verbally;
- Experience in maintenance and support of network monitoring sensors would be a plus but is not essential;
- You are not a fan of manual work and would like to automate everything
- You know how to act proactively on customer needs, both internally and externally
- You know how to set an example for your team and enjoy sharing your knowledge
- You are a team player
You will work in a place at the top of cybersecurity where your ideas are valued. You cannot always tell all the details about your work, but you can tell that you contribute to a safer society. That's not all, you also get:
- A good salary;
- Flexible working hours and flexibility in working at home or in the office, so that you can optimally combine your private life with your work;
- A favorable pension scheme, 26 vacation days (+4 office closing days) and 8% vacation pay with a full-time contract;
- Lots of development opportunities: you can gain and share knowledge through TechTalks, Crypto Colloquia, events and our own Fox Academy;
- A laptop and business phone. Do you use your own phone? Then you will receive a maximum reimbursement of €25.
- A reimbursement for your internet at home of a maximum of € 40,- and a homework allowance of € 7,- per day.
- A performance bonus and profit sharing, because we value your effort;
- When we work in the office, we gather every day for a delicious lunch.
You can apply by clicking on the button, which will take you to our ATS (Workday). After your application, we will get to work and see if we are a good match
An extensive background check will be part of the selection process.
About your application
We review every application received and will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we're looking for. If you don't hear back from us within 10 days, please don't be too disappointed - we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies and we would encourage you to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other suitable roles.