Head Of Operations (SOC)
Head Of Operations (SOC)
UK - Remote
Here at NCC Group we are on a mission to make the world safer and more secure. Our people led, technology enabled services, combine our industry leading cyber security capabilities, with high quality service delivery, genuine adversarial intelligence gathering and advanced data-science & machine learning techniques to provide our customers with better defences against cyber threats, that are designed to evolve to meet future threats and attackers.
We’ve earned industry recognition for our services, technical expertise, organisation and people – a big part of this is the NCC Group culture driving it, we are passionate about what we do.
We offer flexible work arrangements to help our colleagues manage their personal and work lives in a way that works for all of us. So, if you’re ready to work for a global leader in Cyber Security where you desire to be part of a collaborative team working to stop attacks and make the world safer and more secure, get in touch!
About The Role
NCC Group is looking highly motivated, analytical, objective, technical manager who wants to make the world safer and more secure by protecting our clients against some of the most advanced threats and attackers in the world. The role of Head of SOC Operations, is a newly created leadership role and is part of the MSS UK management team, reporting into the Regional Director – Managed Security Services UK and encompasses responsibility for the whole of the UK SOC Organisation (over 50 people).
Do you question the status-quo and look for a “better way” to solve problems?
- Are you self-motivated and looking for an opportunity to use your technical skills to help develop the next generation of cyber defenders?
- Are you passionate about driving ongoing improvement and delivering outcomes that matter to your customers?
- Are you capable of building, leading and motivating teams?
- Do you enjoy talking to customers about how you can help solve their problems?
- Do you love working around like-minded people who share the same goals, that you can learn from and mentor on a daily basis?
- Provide supervision and oversight for analysts (through team leadership)
- Ownership of guidance, mentorship, and career management for all analysts.
- Oversee the response, investigation, and resolution of security incidents.
- Develop and improve processes for incident detection, triage, and responses.
- Manage daily, weekly and event-based reporting for trending, planning, and situational awareness.
- Produce and review aggregated performance metrics for the UK SOC
- Accountable and measured on the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Serve as customer liaison with internal NCC Group stakeholders to ensure customer issues are fully addressed.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of UK SOC Operations.
- Work with MSS & MDR Leadership team on the long-term operations strategy planning and execution.
Successful candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Incident Handling: experience conducting or managing incident response, investigating targeted threats such as the Advanced Persistent Threat, Organised Crime and Hacktivists
- Computer Forensic Analysis: a background using a variety of forensic analysis tools in incident response investigations to determine the extent and scope of compromise.
- Threat Detection: knowledge of all types of telemetry associated with the identification, classification and detection of cyber threats including network, endpoint and application logs.
- Systems Administration: an understanding of system internals is required to understand how to implement and execute prevention, detection and remediation.
- Network Forensic Analysis: knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and ability to perform analysis of associated network logs.
- Malware Analysis: ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis to understand the nature of malware
- Incident Remediation: strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Offensive Security and Testing: strong understanding of potential weaknesses/attacker techniques and strong background in performing targeted testing and threat assessments.
- Additionally, All Candidates should demonstrate the following skills:
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Proven planning and management capability
- Strong communication skills
- Putting the customer at the heart of what you do
- Ability to handle high pressure situations in a professional way to drive a positive outcome.
- BA or BSc / MA or MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Maths, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
Benefits Of Working At NCC Group
- Competitive Salary & Benefits package
- 25 Days Paid Holiday + UK Bank Holidays with additional days for long service.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
About NCC Group
We are a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape. With our knowledge, experience and global footprint, we are best placed to help businesses identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face. We are passionate about making the Internet safer and revolutionising the way in which organisations think about cyber security. Headquartered in Manchester, UK, with over 35 offices across the world, NCC Group employs more than 2,000 people and is a trusted advisor to 15,000 clients worldwide.
If your skills and experience meet the needs of the role requirement, we will endeavour to respond to every application within 10 working days. However, if you haven’t heard back from us within this timeframe on this occasion your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, but please do continue to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other more suitable roles.
*** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process ***