Senior Python Developer
The DetACT department consists of about 40 (technical) professionals with a passion for technology and cyber security. Our services include fraud investigation and 24/7 cyber threat detection. We detect real-time threats and escalate where necessary to the customer, so that they are immediately aware of imminent danger and have access to the necessary data to act. DetACT is in use by multiple customers in the financial sector and can be deployed on-premises or cloud-based.
Your role as Senior Python Developer
We are looking for a software engineer who can contribute to further development of the DetACT platform. Our software is moving to the cloud, and we are constantly adding new features as requested by our clients, making sure our platform is in the best technical shape, fixing bugs and handling incidents.
Improving software quality makes you happy and you enjoy writing high quality and future-proof software. Fraud happens real-time and around the clock, so our customers expect our software to be fast, highly available and reliable.
Because you are also a point of contact with our customer on the technical side, you must be able to proficiently speak and write English. You will work in an international team of (mainly) Python developers.
Within the team you will be supported and guided as needed.
This is you:
- Strong analytical skills.
- You are a team player and can teach others professional skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Python scripting language.
- Understand TCP/IP networking and HTTP traffic and able to understand sessions, headers, and cookies.
- Experience with databases (preferably MySQL).
- Good knowledge of (automated) testing techniques and see them as a normal part of the development process.
- Familiar with the Linux command line.
- Experience with git.
- Experience with code review.
- Experience with Scrum/Kanban/Lean and an agile mindset.
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with other types of data stores such as Redis, etcd.
- Experience with Python frameworks such as Django and Flask.
- Experience with financial transactions and/or fraud detection.
We are Fox-IT, or Fox. We stand for 'A More Secure Society'. Together we are committed to making society safer through our technical and innovative solutions. From our Red Team of hackers, our Blue Team of defense specialists, highly skilled developers to trusted security consultants and more: We do this for organizations where cyber security is highly important. That is why we continuously develop our individual skills and knowledge.
We are critical thinkers, naturally security paranoid and thrive on development. We are part of NCC Group and with 2000 like-minded colleagues around the globe, we are on our never-ending mission to create a safer world.
We are on a mission to make society a safer and more secure place. Our people are the ones who make that possible; a global community of talented individuals working together towards a safer future.
We aim to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We work together, we are brilliantly creative, we embrace difference, and we want you to join in our mission.
You will work in a place at the top of cybersecurity where your ideas are valued. You cannot always tell all the details about your work, but you can tell that you contribute to a safer society. That's not all, you also get:
- A good salary.
- Flexible working hours and flexibility in working at home or in the office, so that you can optimally combine your private life with your work.
- A favorable pension scheme, 26 vacation days (+4 office closing days) and 8% vacation pay with a full-time contract.
- Lots of development opportunities: you can gain and share knowledge through TechTalks, Crypto Colloquia, events, and our own Fox Academy.
- A laptop and business phone. Do you use your own phone? Then you will receive a maximum reimbursement of €25.
- A reimbursement for your internet at home of a maximum of € 40 and a homework allowance of € 7 per day.
- A performance bonus and profit sharing because we value your effort.
- When we work in the office, we gather every day for a delicious lunch.
You can apply by clicking on the button, which will take you to our ATS (Workday). After your application, we will get to work and see if we are a good match.
An extensive background check will be part of the selection process.
About your application
We review every application received and will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we're looking for. If you don't hear back from us within 10 days, please don't be too disappointed - we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies and we would encourage you to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other suitable roles.