Head Of UK SOC
Head Of UK SOC - GMS
Hybrid - Manchester
The purpose of this role is to lead a regional (UK) SOC that is responsible for 24x7 real time threat monitoring at client infrastructures, based on multiple technology platforms.
The head of UK SOC will be responsible for delivering a consistent, high-quality and cost effective service, based on globally defined and aligned technology, processes and standards. The role is also responsible for ensuring alignment with the peers in other regions, to make sure that improvements and changes to existing processes are made in sync, and that new service features are implemented and delivered in the SOC when needed.
A key responsibility of the role in the first phase, will be to bring together two separate UK SOC’s that exist today, and ensure that both change and/or adopt several working processes to get on a globally aligned SOC standard. The exact structure of the SOC is another key responsibility of this role, in alignment with global peers. Because of the two distinct SIEM platforms (Splunk and Sentinel) that are used, a viable model will have to be implemented, in which we deliver top-notch services on both platforms.
The head of UK SOC will play a vital role in looking after our SOC analysts and related roles, manage careers, training and retention, while keeping up with ever changing demands in the market. In the role, you will be responsible for the quality of service, meeting our client’s SLA’s and continuously improving efficiency of our operations.
• Lead a regional SOC that performs the 24x7 real time threat monitoring at client infrastructures
• Maintain analyst quality and SLA’s through a top-notch delivery process, in line with global standards.
• Execute change of existing UK SOC’s, to become part of a global operating model, one UK SOC team, and transforming existing teams to a globally defined template.
• Responsible for the quality of service, meeting SLA’s and continuous improvements in efficiency
• Responsible for managing a ~75 head count team and ensuring a healthy employee engagement, career progression, training and personal development
• Experience leading operational managed security services teams
• Experience in working in a global firm in a multi-cultural context
• Experience in working in a complex international environment, that’s subjected to a significant amount of change
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with key stakeholders to drive business results
• Ability to embed new processes in existing teams
• Ability to lead a team and drive change
• Know the everchanging cyber security threat landscape, attacker personas, and latest compromise techniques
• Knowledge of the local cyber security market
• Knowledge of cyber threat detection techniques and the latest developments in the MSS market
• Inspiring leader, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels, creating an approachable and supportive environment for colleagues
• Have hands-on experience in a Security Operations Center analyst role or similar
About NCC Group
We are passionate about helping our customers to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape. We fuel that passion with investment – in our people, our business and we want to invite talented people to join us in our vision to be the leading cyber security advisor.
The NCC Group family has 2,500 members located around the world providing a trusted advisory service to 15,000 customers. Our heart is in our space.
About your application
We review every application received and will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. If you don’t hear back from us within 10 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies and we would encourage you to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other suitable roles.
Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process.