(Senior) Product Owner Business Intelligence
NIBC Bank N.V.
Are you a highly skilled Business Intelligence (BI) professional with expertise in Power BI? Do you thrive in entrepreneurial environments and possess a passion for data and analytics? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our newly founded Business Intelligence team where you have the opportunity to drive the BI strategy for the whole of NIBC!
What will you do?
Join us in shaping the future of Business Intelligence at NIBC! We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated professional in the field of Business Intelligence and PowerBI to lead our self-service BI strategy. As NIBC embarks on an exciting data transformation journey, we are committed to modernizing our entire Data & Analytics landscape over the coming years. This transformation includes the establishment of a dynamic Business Intelligence team tasked with implementing a robust self-service BI capability using PowerBI and SAP Business Object.
In this pivotal role, you will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise and contribute to the development of our self-service BI framework. We are seeking an individual who not only possesses a deep understanding of reporting requirements within the financial industry but also has the ability to mentor and guide less experienced colleagues.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Spearhead the development and execution of our self-service BI strategy, ensuring alignment with our organization's objectives and long-term vision.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders across the business to identify reporting needs, translating them into intuitive and impactful dashboards using PowerBI.
- Provide expert guidance and support to less experienced team members, fostering their growth and empowering them to deliver high-quality BI solutions. Setup PowerBI as the tool for NIBC to generate insights
- Assess and improve existing BI processes, identifying areas for optimization and implementing best practices to enhance overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Help in transitioning Excel- and BusinessObjects-based reporting to PowerBI
- Organize backlog and manage stakeholders
- A pre is knowledge of SAP Business Object, NIBCs current BI tool.
You will be part of the Data & Analytics department which has many multi-talented and highly engaged people in it, all with a strong technical background, and we all share the end goal to reap the dividend of the asset data. It is in our nature to move quickly, to face challenges and smile in the face of adversity. As the senior content lead for Business Intelligence, you will together with the other teams identify the next good use cases while constantly bringing value to the bank with new insights and easy-to-grasp visualizations.
Not only as a company but also in our team, we are committed to fostering a diverse and respectful workforce and an inclusive culture. Openness and respect are essential when working with us. We are looking forward to working together with a new colleague with brains and humor!
NIBC as an IT employer
NIBC IT consists of several domains and together NIBC IT aims to be one of the driving forces behind the digital transformation of our bank, an ongoing process that will profoundly change the relationship with our clients and the way we do business. We are closely connected and have short lines of communication. If you have a good idea today, you may be elaborating it tomorrow. IT is forever changing and so is NIBC and in order for us to be able to keep on changing, we need sophisticated individuals to help us lead the bank into the future.
NIBC as organization
Founded in 1945 to finance the visionary entrepreneurs who helped rebuilding the Netherlands after the second World War, NIBC was closely collaborating while professionally supporting companies and individuals in realizing their dreams and goals with a sustainable future in mind. As a multicultural midsize bank with a working environment that is best described as dynamic and ambitious, we share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our employees and clients which we call our THINK YES mentality. Our corporate values are Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial. You will have a direct and meaningful impact on both the bank and its clients. By building our company on optimism and mutual trust, and with our THINK YES mentality, NIBC is an enterprising bank that enables ambitions.
What’s in it for you?
NIBC is an ambitious environment where together we strive to create a fantastic workplace where you feel safe and challenged to be the best version of yourself. This is in line Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial since you are in the lead of setting the PACE of your career at NIBC. In addition, you receive a competitive salary, plus:
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, a.o.:
- Personal development budget, to spend at your own discretion
- Professional budget provided by your manager, to develop yourself in your work
- GoodHabitz: free online courses you can choose to take for your own benefit
- NIBC embraces the Hybrid way of Working. This means that we support working from home as well as encouraging our colleagues to come to the office. NIBC's guideline is to spend at least half of the working time at the office;
- Travel expenses or NS Business Card 1st class;
- 32 holidays (which do not have to be registered);
- Excellent pension scheme (27% NIBC contribution);
- A voucher to improve your home office;
- The opportunity to take ownership and show initiative in your role. We are always open to new ideas, and encourage to use your voice;
- The nature of our Grow to Make a Difference program enables you to be in charge of your own development;
- Two staff associations: YoungNIBC and MyLeisure;
- Vitality program, annual company-wide sports & leisure days;
- Monthly internet allowance;
- Laptop and a company phone;
- Excellent facilities at the office (Coffeecorner, Restaurant, Exchange bar);
- Last but not least, a fun workplace in which diversity and inclusion is valued (click here).
What do you bring?
As our Senior BI specialist, you will be working with business users and guide them to get the most out of our data. Success is determined by smooth operations, adequately translating business needs into dashboards, and understanding stakeholders’ exact requirements while assisting them with your own knowledge.
You also have:
- Experience setting up and executing a BI strategy within a similar industry, preferably in the banking sector
- Proven experience as a BI specialist, with in-depth knowledge of PowerBI
- Strong expertise in data modeling, ETL processes, and data visualization techniques
- Solid understanding of database management systems, SQL, and data warehousing concepts
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of projects, and drive initiatives forward in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with user access rights and data access management for dashboards (user groups, providing/revoking access).
Applications via email will not be taken into consideration.