Functional Application Manager - Regulatory Reporting
NIBC Bank N.V.
Do you like managing IT solutions in a core domain of the bank? We are looking for a Functional Application Manager who likes diversity in their work, is able to translate business wishes into IT solutions and vice versa, and wants to learn more about the Finance world.
What will you do?
As our Functional Application Manager within the IT Finance team, you have a shared responsibility for a good performing, functional and stable application landscape of this stretched business domain. You will be responsible for the development, life cycle management and support of the core Finance applications. You do this from a complete end-to-end perspective with all relevant stakeholders in the value chain. This requires close cooperation with the Finance department and with other IT teams, like: IT Corporate Banking, IT Retail, IT Architecture, Integrations and Business Intelligence.
As Functional Application Manager – IT Finance:
- You are end to end responsible for the quality and delivery of IT business services by primarily preventing incidents, and secondarily resolving the incidents as quickly and effectively as possible
- You are responsible for (together with other team members) to make all the changes required in the system (from user management to the implementation of Regulatory changes)
- You communicate with users about content or incidents, about problems and changes
- You make IT transparent for your business colleagues by aligning IT to the business processes.
- Lead small operational projects for the life cycle management and development of your applications
You will be the primary Functional Application Manager for RegPro which is the backbone for all regulatory reportings (to DNB) and used on a daily basis by a large number of users. Supplied by Wolters Kluwer, RegPro (officially called OneSumX for Regulatory Reporting is the application that is used to generate delivery files for several reports that are requested by DNB(FinRep, CoRep, LiqRep, BSI, MSR, MESREP, etc.).
The data is sourced in the application from OneSumX for Finance which is another core Finance application at NIBC and used for all Financial Accounting activities within the bank.
As our Functional Application Manager, you are part of the sub-team IT Finance which is part of IT Finance and Risk domain. It is a diverse team with people of different ages, nationalities and backgrounds and they come together to achieve a common goal. We strive for an informal, collegial atmosphere where respect, appreciation and positivity are core values.
Not only as a company but also in our team, we are committed to foster a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Openness and respect are essential when working with us. We are looking forward to working together with a new colleague with brains and humor!
NIBC as an IT employer
NIBC IT consists out of several domains and together NIBC IT aims to be one of the driving forces behind the digital transformation of our bank, an ongoing process that will profoundly change the relationship with our clients and the way we do business. We are closely connected and have short lines of communication. If you have a good idea today, you may be elaborating it tomorrow. IT is forever changing and so is NIBC and in order for us to be able to keep on changing, we need sophisticated individuals to help us lead the bank into the future.
NIBC as organisation
Founded in 1945 to finance the visionary entrepreneurs who helped rebuilding the Netherlands after the second World War, NIBC was closely collaborating while professionally supporting companies and individuals in realizing their dreams and goals with a sustainable future in mind. As a multicultural midsize bank with a working environment that is best described as dynamic and ambitious, we share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our employees and clients which we call our THINK YES mentality. Our corporate values are Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial. You will have a direct and meaningful impact on both the bank and its clients. By building our company on optimism and mutual trust, and with our THINK YES mentality, NIBC is an enterprising bank that enables ambitions.
What’s in it for you?
NIBC is an ambitious environment where together we strive to create a fantastic workplace where you feel safe and challenged to be the best version of yourself. This is in line Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial, since you are in the lead of setting the PACE of your career at NIBC. In addition, you receive a competitive salary, plus:
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, a.o.:
- Personal development budget, to spend at your own discretion
- Professional budget provided by your manager, to develop yourself in your work
- GoodHabitz: free online courses you can choose to take for your own benefit
- NIBC embraces the Hybrid way of Working. This means that we support working from home as well as encourage our colleagues to come to the office. NIBC's guideline is to spend at least half of the working time at the office
- Travel expenses or NS Business Card 1st class
- 32 holidays (which do not have to be registered)
- Excellent pension scheme (27% NIBC contribution)
- A voucher to improve your home office
- The opportunity to take ownership and show initiative in your role. We are always open to new ideas, and encourage to use your voice
- The nature of our Grow to Make a Difference program enables you to be in charge of your own development
- Two staff associations: YoungNIBC and MyLeisure
- Vitality program, annual company-wide sports & leisure days
- Monthly internet allowance
- Laptop and a company phone
- Excellent facilities at the office (Coffeecorner, Restaurant, Exchange bar)
- Last but not least, a fun workplace in which diversity and inclusion is valued (click here).
What do you bring?
You are the linking pin between Business and IT. You have a T-shaped profile and add value with your enthusiasm, knowledge and skills with respect to our area. You are not afraid to ask questions and you understand the technology you have to work with. In our area we work a lot with external vendors and external employees, it is important you know how to collect and secure knowledge about the solutions which are built and have to be supported.
Competences and education:
- Proactive and Self organizing.
- Always striving for ways to improve the processes.
- You have an outstanding analytical skills and an eye for details.
- You operate on an WO or HBO level – with focus on IT.
- You have strong persuasive powers, know how to challenge (business) stakeholders on subject matters, and you are able to adequately manage expectations.
- You have a willingness to develop or enhance your t-shaped skills.
- Technical background or Financial background with strong affinity with IT.
- You understand Finance terms and are confident to talk to the business.
- Good knowledge/Understanding on Regulatory reports like LCR, NSFR, AMM, CoRep, FinRep, MSR, MESREP, BSI, Schema A, etc.
- Knowledge of OneSumX for Finance and OneSumX for Regulatory reporting is highly preferred.
- You have work experience on managing applications, including responsibility for LifeCycle Management.
- You know the elements of data processing and controls on this.
- You understand the approach to solve incidents and try to prevent them from happening again.
- A nice and fun colleague!
Knowledge and skills:
- Intermediate to Expert MySQL skills
- Worked with JIRA in a SCRUM or Kanban environment
- Experience with Azure
- Basic experience of SSIS (preferred, not must).