Head of Compliance, Singapore
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
We are recruiting a Head of Compliance for Singapore. As Head of Compliance, you will contribute to the collaborative mission and vision by assisting with the day-to-day management and integration of an effective compliance program
You will lead and contribute to the key decision-making that will define the compliance landscape of NIUM that truly makes our business scalable as a platform.
You will be a role model to the Compliance team in as well as the rest of the organization, acting as a key ambassador for compliance, risk & governance.
At Nium, we are changing the world one transaction at a time. By eliminating the complexity in global payments, we are moving the world closer to a future of frictionless commerce. It’s our modular platform that helps businesses pay and get paid across the globe with services for pay-outs, pay-ins, card issuance, alternate payments and crypto-as-a-service.
What would a day @ Nium look like?
- Lead compliance for the region overseeing aspects of money laundering and other trending non-compliance areas to enhance compliance proficiency
- Maintains subject matter expertise to advise senior leadership on emerging trends and potential impact on the strategic roadmap
- Leverage industry and regulatory partnerships to facilitate the application and maintenance of license in Singapore.
- Collaboratively work on program components, standards, goals, resources, training, monitoring, reporting and team building efforts to align the compliance program with emerging internal and external expectations and requirements.
- Conceptualize and drive implementation of cross product technical risk assessment to drive regulatory compliance at optimal commercial terms
- Ensure compliance culture is actively involved in organizational roadmap discussions of the country.
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- 10+ years relevant AML/CFT experiences and expertise within a fintech, payments, or other financial institution.
- Strong understanding of MAS regulatory frameworks and decision-making processes, particularly as it pertains to the Payment Services Act of 2019, and (preferably) other Southeast Asian countries’ payment regimes.
- Excellent (written and spoken) English skills, allowing for clear and concise communication with all levels of stakeholder.
- Time management skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and multitask time‐sensitive analysis of financial activities.
- Experience in dealing with audits and/or regulatory examinations.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a complex organisation, across multiple cultures, geographies, and disciplines.
- High-level understanding of common management information software.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com