Senior Finance Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets. Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Nium is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join the Finance team in London, UK.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer EMEA, the Senior Finance Manager will play a critical role by taking end-to-end ownership of Finance for the European region, supporting global teams with financial reporting, compliance and commercial aspects.
The position is responsible for the development of financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to grow company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Play a key role in partnering Finance with business operations to drive operational and strategic initiatives.
- Driving continuous improvement and standardisation of processes, including implementation of best practices and automation initiatives, collaborating with external teams.
- Ensure and maintain a strong internal control environment and improve internal controls where necessary to ensure a scalable infrastructure is in place to allow to company to operate and grow effectively while managing risks.
- Planning and executing financial statement and other audits for the business’ legal entities in a timely basis, and building relationships with external parties (auditors, tax agents and other third parties).
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting and commentary.
- Support the decision-making process by analysis and reporting around key business drivers, including revenue, cash, gross margin and expenses.
- Support key business projects as required.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with post qualified experience
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience in audit and in-house Finance, working in a large scale and complex organisation beneficial.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience and understanding of financial reporting, including General ledger, Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Financial Statements., including working knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS and FRS102).
- FP&A and commercial experience.·Knowledge of relevant accounting, tax, compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and corporate governance best practice.
- Payments and Fintech experience preferred
- Ability to deliver financial and non-financial information and reports to key partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects forward.
- Ability to operate in a global, office-based and virtual environment.
- Ability to collaborate and engage with a variety of partners and stakeholders.
- Confident stakeholder management and experience of working with board/C-Suite stakeholders.
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally -
#KeepItSimple, #MakeItBetter and #WinItTogether.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information visit www.nium.com
See more open positions at Nium
Something looks off?