Senior Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets. Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
At Nium, we are changing the world one transaction at a time. By eliminating the complexity in global payments, we are moving the world closer to a future of frictionless commerce. It’s our modular platform that helps businesses pay and get paid across the globe with services for pay-outs, pay-ins, card issuance, crypto-as-a-service, and banking-as-a-service.
NIUM is the industry leader in global money movement and issuance operating over 195+ countries.
And now we’re building a world-class team to help us bring our mission of powering a future of frictionless commerce to life. If you’re a risk taker, a maverick who embraces our values of simply, better, together. If you see the world as it should be, not what it is. If you’re a problem solver and a builder, then be a part of our element of success, and come join us today.
About the role
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be working across the entire Nium stack, creating and maintaining new products and experiences for our customers. We’re looking for folks with a track record of building complex technical frontend projects with many moving pieces. This role will make large technical contributions and will proactively identify gaps and future work for the team.
- Deliver and own large features end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, operability, and ongoing metrics.
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
- Proactively identify ways to monitor the quality, reliability, and security of our systems
- Abide by engineering best practices
- 5+ years of frontend engineering experience, recommended not required
- Experience in building beautiful, intuitive, and well-structured web applications
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for turning business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of various protocols or design methodologies like GraphQL, REST vs RPC to suggest design tradeoffs for front end development.
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally -
#KeepItSimple, #MakeItBetter and #WinItTogether.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information visit www.nium.com
See more open positions at Nium
Something looks off?