Total Reward Manager
Portugal · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Please Note: This position can be based in Germany, Portugal, Netherlands, the UK or East Coast, USA.
The Total Rewards Manager will play a key role in planning, designing, implementing and delivering Onfido’s global total rewards program across Europe, US, Singapore, & India in support of the company’s philosophy, culture, and business strategy. You will advise on best practices and innovative trends, partnering with business stakeholders on the creation of new and existing total reward programs with a focus of driving employee engagement and retention.
You will achieve this via:
- Assist with designing, reviewing, evaluating, and managing compensation programs by collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure programs are performance driven and market competitive
- Manage compensation surveys, research market competitive practices, and recommend new programs or enhancements based on cost/benefit analysis
- Lead the development and execution of short- and long-term compensation plans
- Manage the planning and design of annual compensation programs including merit increases, promotions, bonus and equity awards
- Assist with the design of compensation and equity award structures; manage the job evaluation and leveling process to determine classification and appropriate salary ranges in each region
- Guide HR Partners and leadership on policy and guideline interpretation, pay decisions and job evaluations
- Design and monitor the ongoing effectiveness of incentive compensation plans and recommend design changes as needed
Pension / Retirement and Benefit Plan Management
- Assist with planning, designing, implementing and administering a comprehensive benefits strategy including innovate benefit plans and work/life balance programs
- Develop, manage, and execute employee benefit and wellness programs including 401k and pension, salary sacrifice schemes, LOA administration, workers’ compensation & ACA compliance
- Manage global benefits projects, vendor management, enrolment, auditing, filings, training, education, and communication of benefit programs
- Foster benefit and wellbeing programs that connect the employee to the Company and community; provide education of physical and financial wellness programs to improve employee engagement
- Lead annual benefit renewal processes globally and handle the analysis and modelling of proposed changes to determine cost and business impact
- Evaluate the effectiveness of benefit plan offerings and identify and recommend potential program design and/or provider changes
We're looking for a Total Rewards Manager with the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- Advanced knowledge and experience designing and managing compensation and benefit programs, including equity plans
- Global compensation experience required with UK and US markets strongly preferred; experience utilizing Radford’s compensation methodology and job levelling a plus
- Experience managing retirement programs, including 401(k) and pension plans
- Preference for experience working in both private and public company environments
- Experience using Workday, including compensation management is highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to develop and present comprehensive, complex data
- Experience with Works Councils a plus
- Ability to project manage in a rapidly changing environment
- Hands-on, demonstrating a proactive approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dynamic and adaptable to change
- Connects to the "pulse" of the business through the employees to ensure an agile response (proactive as well as reactive) to employee engagement levels
- Takes ownership: Follows things through to the end and closes the loop
- Able to manage workload through to delivery in a rapidly scaling organisation, balancing the need for delivery with the ability to pivot where the business requires it
- Is an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment, helping to craft a workplace ecosystem that feels great for everyone within it.
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
> Share options in Onfido, through our equity schemes. Share options have a one-year cliff and vest over four years
> 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
> Two paid volunteering days per year.*
> Private Medical Insurance through Allianz*
> Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
> Generous paid parental leave
> Free mental health coaching provided online.
> Life enrichment allowance of up to €95 per month for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy
> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more
> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events
> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment
> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups
*after passing probation (3 months)
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
See more open positions at Onfido
Something looks off?