Finance Manager, AR
Accounting & Finance
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Onfido is growing fast and needs accurate, timely responses to customer queries about billing, invoicing and payment, as well a full accounts receivable function delivered to the business. This role will lead the Accounts Receivable team and be the first point of contact for our external and internal partners and customers. You will work on exciting projects with Financial Controller and will work with the team to help deliver an excellent customer experience to our customers, helping to resolve billing queries, run month-end, complete our billing cycle.
As a Finance Manager, AR at Onfido you will:
- Own month-end billing cycle, revenue recognition, revenue assurance, month-end reconciliations
- Conduct all Netsuite administration including: managing roles and permissions, report building and data imports, chart of account management and Oracle updates
- Conduct all Netsuite administration and integration with external systems including: Stripe, Salesforce, Jitterbit, Tesorio, M3ter, Floqast, Avalara
- Understand Netsuite objects and be the go-to person for Netsuite infrastructure needs
- Develop and improve the Netsuite system to increase automation, owning all sandbox testing and relationship with external Netsuite-contractors
- Work with our Revenue-Operations team to ensure the booking of deals in Salesforces and their relating billing functionality operations smoothly
- Work with our Revenue-Operations team to help the business create and deliver new products, ensuring revenue recognition matches accounting standards
- Work with the FP&A team to analysis data to arrive at an accurate monthly revenue forecast
- Work with the Legal Team and Sales Reps on contract wording and commercial structure to ensure that contracted terms are deliverable from a billing/invoicing point of view
- Work with Financial Controller on processes improvements and ad hoc projects
- Work with core finance team on external audits and various reporting requirements
Lead an AR team to deliver a full Accounts Receivable function to the business including:
- Answering sales-rep and client invoicing and billing queries
- Resolving invoice disputes and payment issues
- Onboard new customers and review contract terms to ensure accurate billing
- Manage cash collections, POs, online portals and payment allocation
- Manage collections reporting and forecasting
- Owning revenue recognition, deferred revenue management, trade receivables, and provisions
We’re looking for a Finance Manager, AR who can display the below skills & experience throughout our interview process:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 2 years PQE
- Netsuite and Salesforce experience
- Experience in customer communications, billing and invoicing
- Experience managing teams
- Netsuite administration experience
- Project management
- Experience in tech companies
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
> 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
> Two paid volunteering days per year.*
> Bupa Private Medical and Dental Insurance*
> Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
> Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)*
> Generous paid parental leaveFree mental health coaching provided online
> Life enrichment allowance of up to £80 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy
> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more
> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events
> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment
> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups
*after passing probation
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
See more open positions at Onfido
Something looks off?