Payhawk is the leading global spend management solution for scaling businesses. Headquartered in London and combining company cards, reimbursable expenses and accounts payable into a single product; its future-facing technology enables finance teams to control and automate company spending at scale.
The Payhawk customer base includes fast-growing and mature multinational companies in 32 countries including LuxAir, Gtmhub, and Wagestream. With offices in New York, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Sofia; Payhawk is backed by renowned investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greenoaks, QED Investors, Earlybird Digital East, and Eleven Ventures.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the Role
We're looking for a Solution Engineer to join our new Solution Engineering team. As a member of the team, you will partner with our sales team as a technical resource to drive the adoption of the product with customers. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the business requirements of our prospects and delivering personalized live demos. Solution engineers need to obtain a deep understanding of all aspects of the Payhawk platform so that they can tailor its capabilities to various use cases. They are also required to gain a basic understanding of accounting and financial services, as well as to capture and provide customer feedback to the product management team in order to drive product development.
- Develop and maintain expertise in feature functionality and practical application of all our product offerings.
- Participate in the RFI/RFP processes and respond to technical questions.
- Deliver personalized live product demonstrations. Including Integration demos, workflows and other complex use cases.
- Design, validate and document a product configuration and implementation strategy to share with prospective customers.
- Scope & deliver custom exports to enable data transfer from Payhawk to the client’s ERP system.
- Provide technical expertise when it comes to customers both existing or prospective in the use of our APIs and support the building of custom integrations.
- Collect and analyse feedback from prospective customers and communicate it with customer success, engineering, and product management teams in order to drive the product roadmap.
- 3+ years' professional experience working in a pre-sales, sales engineering, implementation specialist, project manager or correlated consulting role within enterprise software.
- Experience in working and consuming Restful APIs.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working with XML, JSON, EXCEL, CSV, FLAT FILE formats.
- Experience representing technical concepts to an audience of varying technical understanding.
- Experience in accounting and/or ERP software is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relationships with potential customers, understand their environment and introduce new concepts to solve problems.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities.
- Comfort with a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- A passion for problem-solving.
- 30 days holiday paid leave.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- Regular team-wide events
- Additional medical care
- Company office massages
- Personal assistant service
- 1-week exchange policy to another Payhawk office (London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam)
Something looks off?