Credit Risk Analyst
Payhawk is the leading global spend management solution for scaling businesses. Headquartered in London and combining company cards, reimbursable expenses and accounts payable into a single product; its future-facing technology enables finance teams to control and automate company spending at scale.
The Payhawk customer base includes fast-growing and mature multinational companies in 32 countries including LuxAir, Gtmhub, and Wagestream. With offices in New York, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Sofia; Payhawk is backed by renowned investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greenoaks, QED Investors, Earlybird Digital East, and Eleven Ventures.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the role
Payhawk is looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven and eager-to-learn individual who wants to join our Finance organisation as a Credit Risk Analyst. In this role, you will have the opportunity to experience fast-paced company growth with a start-up mindset operating in the SAAS and Fintech industries.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is data-driven and outcome-based. It is likely that you will have an academic profile that is data-driven as well as large exposure or experience within credit underwriting to SME and Enterprise clients. It is important that you are ready to step in and challenge the status quo.
- Lead the maintenance of Payhawk’s Credit Risk Policy and underwriting processes
- Assist toward enhancing the decision model
- Information gathering and data input in the Payhawk’s risk models
- Assess individual cases within all regions to provide a decision outcome
- Monitor the health of the portfolio and credit exposures and to report back to line manager
- Proactively suggest and implement improvements to internal processes and setup
- Be the point of contact for all things credit (operational).
- At least 2 years’ experience within a similar role
- Analytical mindset
- Experience and exposure to credit risk tools (3rd party)
- Experience in working within a fast paced, forever changing environment
- Comfortable with challenging decisions
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, written and verbal
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- 30 days holiday paid leave, plus bank holidays
- Competitive compensation package
- Exchange policy to another Payhawk office (Amsterdam, London, Paris, Berlin or Barcelona)
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home
- Regular team-wide events
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product with monthly travel allowance.
Please note that, unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship, and to be considered for this role, candidates must be able to provide proof of their eligibility to work in Bulgaria.
Payhawk is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.