Account Manager - Start Up
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future.
Plaid’s Canada team is looking for a Start-Up Account Manager to join our rapidly scaling team in Toronto. In this position, you will play a critical role in growing a “startup within a startup” that’s shaping the future of Open Finance for the Canadian market.
You will be responsible for managing a book of business and helping our existing customers grow their business powered by Plaid solutions - acting as the primary point of contact for your customers, you will work with them on all stages of integrations, scaling, driving adoption, product expansion, and account management. You will be responsible for working directly with key stakeholders ranging from developers to executives to help them create the applications that will empower businesses and consumers with their financial data.
As a key partner to our customers, you will be integral to their success with Plaid by helping them launch on the platform, collaboratively problem solve, and drive revenue growth through new product adoption. In addition, you will also be responsible for working with our cross-functional teams to help drive the product roadmap and market positioning for Plaid.
The right candidate has the ability to build strong relationships with their customers, develop a deep understanding of their priorities, motives and key drivers, is solutions oriented, and has demonstrated success taking initiative to drive results. If you are a highly driven self-starter who can wear multiple hats, loves helping customers grow, and is passionate about Canadian fintech, there are few roles more exciting than this. Come help Plaid unlock financial freedom for everyone.
What Excites You
- Own the overall relationship with your portfolio of high priority customers.
- Build relationships with developers and founders to retain and grow revenue.
- Drive product upsells and lead the commercial negotiations for contract renewals.
- Help customers integrate and launch on Plaid.
- Partner with Marketing and Product to creatively problem solve and run experiments to maximize revenue and product adoption.
- Key success metrics are answering customer inbound questions, driving revenue and product adoption, and customer happiness.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement strategies that increase customer product adoption, engagement, and growth at scale.
What Excites Us
- High degree of work ethic, team mentality, coachability and a “how can we” vs. “we can’t” attitude.
- Customer empathy and deep desire to see customers succeed.
- High technical and business acumen with a desire to get technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs.
- A strong business generalist with a passion and intuition for what makes startups successful (ie strong product sense).
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed.
- Ability to work with all types of people and build long-lasting relationships.
- 2+ years of experience working with customers or internal stakeholders.
See more open positions at Plaid
Something looks off?