CRA Compliance Analyst
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid has established a new Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA) and we are looking for a CRA Compliance Analyst who wants to help build a best-in-class CRA compliance program. Reporting to our Regulatory Compliance Program Manager, you'll help us build our strategy and help define the processes for managing CRA-related risks – all while seeing around corners and connecting dots in a way that allows Plaid CRA to onboard customers and manage risk.
This position is responsible for all aspects of implementation of a Compliance Management System to manage Plaid CRA’s compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable federal, state, and local consumer financial protection laws. In this role, you’ll partner with product managers, engineers, designers, and risk and legal teams. You’ll be responsible for drafting and maintaining corporate policies designed to ensure our CRA remains compliant, for implementing an effective training program for our CRA, for performing risk assessments of our CRA products, and for managing consumer disputes. You’ll help us maintain a compliant business as the new CRA grows.
- Implementation of a Compliance Management System to manage Plaid’s credit-related business’s compliance with the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable federal, state and local consumer financial protection laws
- Partner with Plaid’s Credit business, as well as other internal stakeholders across Plaid, including product managers, engineers, designers, and risk and legal teams
- Be responsible for drafting, maintaining, and implementing corporate policies, implementing and delivering effective training programs, managing consumer complaints and disputes, performing risk assessments, identifying control gaps, and driving any required remediations
- Identify, document and optimize critical processes to enable scale, conduct risk assessments, and support audits
- Ensure that Plaid is building a compliant business from the ground up
- 4-6 years of experience in an CRA-related role. This includes experience building out policies and procedures, training, managing consumer inquiries and disputes, etc.
- At least 3 years working at a CRA.
- Advanced knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, along with in-house experience implementing and administering those requirements.
- Familiarity with consumer protection rules and regulations, including UDAAP and GLBA.
- Familiarity with the controls and processes related to handling consumer issues in the financial services industry, including complaints, disputes, and fraud prevention.
- Ability to quickly grasp and evaluate complex concepts, including global business and regulatory matters.
- You’ve worked at a fintech or other nimble organization and know what it takes to get things done in that kind of fluid environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- CRCM or other relevant professional qualifications are a nice to have.
- Experience engaging in internal/external audits and/or regulatory examinations is a nice to have.
- Experience working with bank partners and/or bank compliance teams is a nice to have.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.