Experienced Data Scientist - Connectivity
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
The Data Science team is responsible for serving Plaid’s product analytics, experimentation and modeling needs. Data scientists can either work on projects internal to the Data Science team or be embedded in teams across the Plaid organization, to enable and accelerate those teams’ data science efforts.
With this role, you will be joining the Connectivity team, which is focused on improving Plaid’s core product and increasing our network of users. You will collaborate with Product and Engineering to understand users’ connections with Plaid’s products, and provide insights to enable the team to improve those connection
- Working closely with product teams to identify important questions and answer them with data
- Defining core data sets and schemas, as well as visualizing and tracking key metrics
- Running impactful inferential analyses and data investigations to identify recurring patterns, root causes, and propose actionable product solutions
- Communicating analyses and data-backed recommendations to stakeholders
- Championing a data-first approach toward decision-making across the entire organization
- 5+ years of industry experience in a Product Data Science role
- Extensive experience working with funnel conversion and other projects that yielded conversion rate wins
- Deep understanding of various statistical techniques and experimentation analysis workflows
- Strong familiarity with SQL, data visualization tools, and working knowledge of Python
- Prior experience building core data models (preferably using DBT) from scratch
- Ability to collaborating closely with Engineers to diagnose and triage data lineage
- Data engineering experience and data pipeline tooling (e.g. Airflow, Redshift) experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or a closely related field
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.