Technical Accounting Specialist
The Technical Accounting Specialist (known internally as a Professional Services Manager) serves as an accounting expert and applies accounting acumen to customers on a project basis, providing customer project management, XBRL data modeling, mapping, tagging and review of customer XBRL projects in compliance with quality and customer satisfaction standards.
Joining as a new Technical Accounting Specialist, we will teach you XBRL and how to use the Workiva platform to support our customers' XBRL filings.
As this role is client facing aligned to our Europe customer base, we are seeking candidates who are fluent in English plus additional fluency in Italian, French or German.
- Map the Financial Statements and Notes, and Financial Statement Schedules to the appropriate XBRL taxonomy (GAAP, IFRS)
- Review the accounting policies, statements, notes, and schedules and gain an understanding of the amounts presented to identify the related accounting standards concepts in the appropriate taxonomy
- Understand the industry accounting disclosures specific to company customers
- Maintain knowledge of taxonomies, regulations, and accounting standards' changes
- Stay current with industry trends, updates on accounting standards and regulatory requirements, identifying and applying new skills
- Manage projects to deliver high-quality and on-time customer deliverables
- Manage multiple, moderately complex customers engagements
- Resolve outstanding customer issues
- Collaborate with other internal teams including Product Development, Sales, Marketing and Learning & Development to advance company training and initiatives
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Accounting Certification or equivalent
- 2+ years experience required; preferably in an accounting firm or financial reporting environment
- Advanced technical accounting skills and proficiency with financial accounting systems
- Proficiency in Accounting standards - regional GAAP, IFRS
- Prior XBRL experience helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers in a professional manner
- Skilled multi-tasker with an ability to manage competing project and customer deadlines
- Proven track record of delivering projects, on time, on budget and to a high quality standard
- Resilient mindset
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Customer-focused mindset
- Less than 10% travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, gender identity, race, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.