Strategic Account Manager
The Strategic Account Manager is a hunter at heart, and often Workiva's first contact into a F1000 prospect organization. This person possess the ability to navigate and network in extremely large multi-national accounts that result in Qualified Pipeline and Bookings. This individual consistently utilizes their ability to engage, listen, challenge, and ask the right questions in a manner that creates a superior prospect/customer experience, and sets the stage for future Workiva product sales. As a rapidly growing SaaS company with high-performance teams and a collaborative culture where employee innovation and ideas are encouraged, this position is vital to Workiva's success. The Strategic Account Manager partners closely with a team of Regional Sales Directors to drive pipeline for existing customers and net new logos. Strategic Account Managers accomplish this objective through a variety of strategies such as: social selling tactics, referral mining, people mapping, building and utilizing value pyramids, while collaborating constantly with Account Owners, Solution Specialist, Marketing, and Demand Generation teams. The Strategic Account Manager is creative and innovative with messaging and GTM strategy in global accounts.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide extensive research and intelligence within target accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information through people mapping exercises and developing value pyramids
- Prospect into target F1000 accounts via strategically networking, email, e-marketing, campaigns, and social outreach
- Qualify leads/contacts based upon specifically defined criteria to transition meaningful sales leads into the pipeline through detailed outbound hunting efforts
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Wdesk, and clearly articulates its capabilities and advantages to decision makers and influencers across multiple business disciplines, understanding negative consequences and positive business outcomes of strategic accounts.
- Understand global personas in the offices of: Financial Transformation, Accounting, Finance, IT
- Drive attendance to various events (webinars, roadshows, Amplify, conferences, etc.), and provide post-event follow up, as well as creating unique events in territory that results in Qualified Pipeline.
- Develop and maintains a current understanding of Workiva’s latest product offerings, and competitive product/ market knowledge
- Partner closely with Regional Sales Directors to develop ongoing engagement strategy with assigned customer and prospect accounts to drive revenue goals
- Meet or exceed quarterly goal for number of opportunity targets, revenue, and weekly/monthly performance activity indicators
- Maintain active engagement with existing customers & non-customers to increase interest in additional uses for the Wdesk platform by understanding their key initiatives and pain points
- Contribute to critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, CRM maintenance, correspondence, and communications)
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 3+ years of successful experience in a similar role- preferably lead generation/sales development
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with a professional demeanor
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of activity, and effectively manage competing priorities
- Proven track record of creating revenue generating opportunities and quota attainment
- Proven ability to understand and successfully promote technical offerings and solution sets
- Capable of learning, developing, and integrating skills in an online training environment
- Salesforce CRM experience strongly preferred
Physical requirements and Working conditions
- Up to 10% travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Salary range in the US:
- Eligible for commission based on sales performance
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match and comprehensive employee benefits package
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic. We strongly encourage and welcome people from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.